Back in my high school days, I played rugby actively. Here, I play it ... ab und zu, as the German people would say. Nevertheless, rugby has always fascinated me. From the weird shape of the rugby ball to how big, burly guys can listen to the umpire without fail under every circumstances. A gentleman's sport indeed.
So, when I heard about the movie Invictus, I was really looking forward to watching it. Somehow I manage to watch it and I really like it. However, it is not a typical all-action sports movie. The movie has a heavy dose of politics infused in it. And the movie is kinda slow, so it is not for everyone.
Well, all is good but what I really want to highlight is the poem I got to know in this movie. I do not need to explain a lot about it. Read for yourselves. Feel the shiver down your spine. Feel the warmth of your soul. Feel yourself rising up.
Invictus
By William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)
Out of the night that covers me
Black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud
Under the bludgeoning of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul
Quote of the Day
"Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon." - Nelson Mandela

Comments
Post a Comment