Yesterday's breaking fast outing makes me remember that half of the AUSMAT batch consists of females and how we, males, ignore them during our time in Millennium Court.
Many things has changed since we landed in Frankfurt, but the very thought of the experience make me smile inside; It was just plain immaturity from both sides.
The first day of our stay in PJ, we got together to eat at the MC's Cafe. Most of us were there, but nobody talk to the other sex. And since then, it has been downhill all the way for the Malays and uphill for the Non-Malays; Nick is now with Stephanie and Gurmukh is with Yuni.
Nobody would ever believe if I told them a bunch of boy and girls, fresh out after SPM, don't talk to each other. It's time when your pheromone level is at its highest (I assume). Strangely enough, it was exactly that that happened.
We have all together 11 Malay girls in our batch; From above (I mean places where we study, so don't get the wrong ideas please) Yiko, Emi, Ili, Huda, Diana, Elisha, Amira, Aneem, Ilham, Rawai and Farah.
At first I talked quite a lot to Aneem and Emi, since they're my friends from my high school and matriculation college respectively. But then, with no concrete reasoning, we kinda became cold to each other. Mind you, it's like a man vs woman situation.
I spoke respectively well with Amira, cause she's from KUSSES and people in KUSSES usually has good relation with people from SEMESTI.
I spoke to Huda on the first day of class in one of the Deutsch lesson. It is something like this : "Wie heisst du?" *moments of silence* "Ich heisse Syazwan, und wie heisst du?"; and it went on like that. Ever since I hardly spoke a hundred words with her.
Ili was the target, scapegoat or whatever you call it of the gang. No futher explainaton needed.
The first week there, we asked Diana about the mosque around KBU, so we can go for our Jumaat prayers. She gave us the right instruction, but the place was like 10-kangkang-Godzilla away from KBU and we found out there is a nearer mosque behind Centrepoint Shopping Centre. This also became a bahan for quite a long time. Gosh we´re childish.
Elisha and Ilham, I don't really remember them back then although we were in the same class. That shows how much we don't talk to each other.
I barely speak with, Rawai, Farah and Yiko since they were in Herr Baum´s class and I were in Herr Lambert´s class.
18 month has passed since our days in Germany. The relationship of our batch is becoming way better. I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. I didn't know Elisha can laugh without a break. I didn't know Ilham has a good sense of humor. I didn't know Rawai and Farah dig anime. I didn't know Amira like animal; She has giraffe plushie and a cow phone and god knows what other animal-based things she has. I didn't Yiko likes to drink Coke; I mean really like to drink coke, not the I-just-drink-what-I-have-in-hand type. I didn't know Ili can be so outgoing. I didn't know I wouldn't see Emi and Diana for a full year after finishing our Studienkolleg in Cologne.
And the most important thing, I know now they all cook good food.
Sorry of the 1 and a half year full of no outings, pasar-ramadhan-food (I know you all hold a deep grudge on this) and talkings.
Sorry about the hiatus. I, sometimes, mistook laziness with writer's block.
Quote of the Day
"I think any kind of hiatus one takes in an artistic journey is going to make a huge difference. The pause will inform the choices that you make." - Mel Gibson

heheh... kenangan terindah.. 11 gurls je in ur batch? sikit...
ReplyDeleteYeah ... Tapi bile tambah Non-Malay, jadi dekat 20 people. That's half of our batch! What have you been up to lately?
ReplyDeletei found diz post so amusing hahah.. tu laaa.. don't judge a book by its cover ehh... uhh btw sorry couldn;t make it kat dusseldorf hari tuh sop..sop...
ReplyDeleteMemang la amusing ... Story about you guys (",). And aku nak cap aku!!!
ReplyDeleteaku (dgn rawai.hah kantoi ko) sebnanye suke je the whole situation kt mc.bes je.blissful abes.beratur beli mknan pon buat cam x kenal. hilarious.in a good way.tp sekarang pon ok gak.i didn't get the pasr ramadan thing until someone explained it.never actually gave it much thought.btw rawai bukan kelas baum. ikut sukati je. ceh.
ReplyDeleteA ah kan ... Lupe plak ade third class, but back to the same point la; Not in the same class. Blissful? Kinda >_<
ReplyDeletenak cap ke?? aaarrghhh tunggu raye.. nanti bagi aa.. jgn lupe ingatkan.. sop2.. skarang super short-term-memory.. nak tekan kalkelator pun lembap.. uihh penangan summer oliday lallalaa ^-*
ReplyDeleteMemang la nak, cap kesayangan tu!
ReplyDeletei like this post. sangat nice. you're so childish dulu. slalu complain kat aku pasal the girl-boy relationship, skarang da rapat da. haha.
ReplyDelete*blush* No new post on your blog Kish?
ReplyDelete..zaman skrg mmg better sesangat..somehow aku puler terindu zaman dahulu..sbb kalo x de zaman itu,x de la cite2 lawak utk digelak bersame bile gather reramaii... OOooOo x sabar tunngu raye...
ReplyDeleteBile pikir camtu ... Betol gak kan? Hehe raye ko turun NRW ke?
ReplyDelete