If someone ask you, "What's the most important thing in the world to you?", what do you reply? I was asked this question by a certain someone and was type-less for a moment (Yes, I was chatting). I wonder what I should say. The common answers maybe consists of GOD, family, friends, lovers. Thinking some more and there's people answering wealth or health as their most important thing. Some said their memories of school days or childhood. I came to a conclusion that thinking about it isn't any good, but ...
... It dawns upon me, my answer that is.
I, personaly, believe defining things in your life and deciding priorities as the most important thing. How you define your life makes who you're today. "But how?", I heard someone's brain yearns for answer.
I think I'll answer that in examples.
(Names are strictly fictional, so pardon if coincidence happens cause it DOES happens)
Defining relationship is the most gruelling and troublesome but heart-exciting feelings a human being can ever experience. How do we define our love to an opposite sex? How do we define our love to our GOD, regardless of our religion? How do we define our love to our parents and siblings? Amin put his religion above his lover, who has Hinduism as her religion. So when she isn't willing to convert to Islamic teachings, they broke up and put a halt to their wedding plans. Nora, a muslim woman, was so in love with her Christian boyfriend, she took Christianity as her new religion. Okay, I'm not preaching or whatever, but from this example Amin put his religion above love but Nora took the other route. It shows how defining your love and how you put your priorities in your life affects your personality and how people perceive you.
Then, there's a word called achievement. Most of today's parent think, if their children can graduate from a good college, they can call it a great achievement. Yes, they are right but it's not the only way to achieve something in life. Some other parents want their offsprings to follow in their footsteps and call that as a great achievement. They want their son to be a policeman to protect our country and want their daughter to be a great cook to inherit their restaurant. Some of what I call the "nerdy" parent may laugh at this idea, but it's the truth. Student A may think great academic achievement is everything, but Student B thinks if she can pass the idol competition, it's greater than an academic achievement. Student C on the other hand hush at these thoughts and only think about being a good hockey player, so one day he can play for a professional club and represent his country in international-level tournament. These people, defines achievement in different aspects as great. That what makes life so interesting, so full of different people. I think GOD makes this so we, greedy-and-only-getting-greedier human beings won't get to bored with life.
The last one I want to elaborate on is how people defines entertainment. How many genres of music are out there? Pop, classical, punk rock, numetall, ballads, hip-hop ... *grunt* ... *grunt*. My parents said (While hearing to Hitz.FM playing a Nirvana song), "What are they singing?". They find it stupid. So my father put a tape into the player and the speaker emits sounds called pop yeh yeh. Gosh, I thought I gonna die on that particular trip. The same thing goes at theme parks. A friend of mine in Bocholt (There are not many, so make a lucky guess) doesn't like to ride on roller-coasters or free-fall-maschines. You know, TAKUT!!! Some, differently AND courageously, said the adrenaline rush these rides give are pure entertainment. The same case goes when you're going out with a bunch of friends to watch a movie. All have different taste. Ahmad likes love story. Amir don't like cheesy things and prefer action packed thrillers. Nurul wants to watch a horror movie, but Ahmad said "We came to entertain ourselves, not to get goosebumps.!". *tooooooooooooooot* Wrong Mr. Ahmad. Love story is, maybe for you, entertaining but not for others.
There are so many more emotion, situation and the-list-goes-on-kind-of-things that people perceive and then define differently. Some people like soccer; Some hate it to the very core. Some like Arsenal (Hooray for the 1-0 victory against MU!!!); Some supports Manchester United. Some thinks rose are the most beautiful flower; Others think tulips are the best. This person like the summer sunshine; That person likes playing snowball on snowy winter days. You like delicacies at a fancy restaurant; I like my mom's cooking. As one divided by zero gives you an infinite answer, this list give you the same thing.
Defining makes our life. How we place our priorities makes our life. They makes our life full of varieties and of course, more interesting.
Note: Gome Amani, I needed to prepare for my Math exam hence the late addition (",)
Quote of the Day
"I can change my life." - Yui, Life

somehow, im smiling reading ur lengthy explaination about defining our lives. everyone has own diff style. its good for u to see it in many ways.
ReplyDeleteganbatte on ur math!!!
I hope I pass! You're smilling? Really? That's good to hear, cause you kinda said a lot of sad things lately (",)
ReplyDeletemy most important thing in this world is:
ReplyDeletemy future children(s); be a dad they can proud of, they can look up to. Provide the best platform for them to live in. looking at the world now... im scared man..
(and "hell yeah!!!" im a homie-kinda-guy)
Really Tenuk? Then your girl is gonna be happy! Didn't notice that part about you ... How's biz going on? Good?
ReplyDeleteermm.. cant disagree.. so true.. so what is ur no 1 priority?.. muahaha..
ReplyDeleteEh Fairuz ... Ko bace satu2 ke post aku? Ureshii!!! The most important thing? Define it yourself, I'll keep mine to only myself...
ReplyDelete